Leelou Blogs

June 28, 2010

GIMP!

So I am trying to learn GIMP, GNU Image Manipulation Program (www.gimp.org). It's a free program, supposedly very similar to Photoshop (PS). I cannot vouch for this because I have never used PS but everything I have read so far says this. Anyway, I decided to try GIMP so I can save the $9.99/month I spend for the online digi program I have been using, plus it will enable me to manipulate photos, papers, elements, etc., more than I can now.

Well, it's safe to say I am GIMP-ing along! I have manged to create a fairly basic layout and add text. YouTube tutorials have gotten me this far. I am trying clipping masks now and getting frustrated. I know there must be a good tutorial to tell me how to do this so all I get is the image without the background...or maybe I need a transparent background...hold that thought, be right back!

OK that didn't work like I thought so I am off to read more tutorials. Be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

911 Never Forget 911 Candle